Wednesday, November 28, 2012

80's Rewind

I am a child of the 80's and I still love the 80's--the music, the movies, the clothing...ok, some of the clothing.

The 80's are definitely making a comeback right now through clothing.  I have to say, I am quite excited about some of the styles coming back.

One of my most favorite things is the tight, colored jeans.  I still remember these hot pink tight jeans I had that I wore all the time.  I even had these floral shoes that I'd wear with them. (That may not have been the best decision, looking back on it now).  So when I saw the colored jeans back in the store, I had to get some!  I am a proud owner of purple and red ones.



The other jean style revival from the 80's is the patterned jeans.  Even though I could go crazy buy different ones, I used restraint and only polka dot ones.  I LOVE THEM!!!!!  How can you not be happy wearing some fun colored or patterned jeans???


Another style trend that I am loving is the leg warmers. Gone are the days of the Flashdance/Jane Fonda/Fame style leg warmers. (Even though I have to say that back in the day, I had some cool red leg warmers with white flecks in them that were pretty cool.)

Now the "leg warmers" are mostly called boot socks and are to be warn with knee high boots.  The fun of it is to let the tops of them stick out and it looks cute.  I am obsessed.  A friend and I hit Nordie Rack a couple of weeks ago and got great deals on very cute boot socks.  I'll try not to combine my purple jeans with my ruffled boot socks---that may be an 80's overkill.


All this 80's style got me very nostalgic to 80's music.  I listen to 80's alternative and punk on a regular basis still.  But I went through my iPod and put together a playlist for the gym of songs I hadn't listened to for a while.  This playlist gets me pumped, energized and just down right happy!!! (And for those of you who want to get technical, some of these may be early 90's but I can't really remember.  Late 80's--early 90's kind of ran together--what can I say; I was a college student then!)

Jump Around--House of Pain
Rump Shaker--Wreckx-n-Effect
Push It--Salt N Pepa
Wild Thing--Tone Loc
U Can't Touch This--MC Hammer
Humpty Dance--Digital Underground
Supersonic--J.J. Fad
Jam On It--Newcleus
It's Tricky--Run D.M.C
Pop Goes the Weasel--K7
Brass Monkey--Beastie Boys
It Takes Two--Rob Base & DJ EZ Rock

**Note how great the band names were back then!!!

Now on to the 80's rewind that I don't like.  What is the deal with Hollywood remaking 80's movies.  It's very upsetting to me.  The originals are just fine and for the children of the 80's, they have a space in our heart.  So when they are remade, it angers me.

When Hollywood remade Footloose a year or so ago, I couldn't believe it.  Sorry but you just can't replace Kevin Bacon as Ren!!  I refuse to watch the movie.  Nothing will top the original.

Recently I went to the movies with my friend that I have known since 6th grade.  So we have grown up through the 80's together--we've seen all the 80's movies that are dear to our hearts together.  We were horrified when we saw the movie poster for Red Dawn in the theater.  CLASSIC MOVIE!!!  I mean, hello!!! How can you go wrong with Patrick Swayze, Lea Thompson, C. Thomas Howell, and Charlie Sheen (pre craziness).

What are they going to do next--remake Pretty in Pink or Sixteen Candles??? (Hollywood, if you do, I know all the lines and I have red hair-hint hint.)


This is totally me:

No comments:

Post a Comment