Wednesday, November 14, 2012

I Heart Zombies

I have a fascination with zombies.  Ok, let me take that back.  I am obsessed with zombies.


This obsession started from my original obsession of reading post-Apocalypse books. I think my obsession with post-Apocalypse books started years ago after watching The Day After on tv back in 1983. (yes, I just aged myself!).  That movie made me think about survival after an atomic bomb, chemical warfare or alien attack.  (I've had a vivid imagination since I was young).

Before I go on, I will note that I don't have a bunker under my house.  I don't have a year of supplies in my house to survive nor do I own any fire arms (anyone knows that it's better to use a baseball bat, pick ax or shovel against zombies anyways--duh!)  I do watch the show Doomsday Preppers because it's interesting, but it also assures me that I'm not as crazy as other people.  I enjoy reading the books, but not actually prepping for  the downfall of our society as we know it.

With that said, back to my obsession.  A lot of the post-Apocalypse books I've read to have zombies in them, which fascinated me.  I think it's the strategy of how to stay alive against creatures that intrigues me.  I'm not saying that I would survive in an actual event, but it's interesting to read about.

My obsession kicked into high gear when the movie 28 Days Later came out.  My husband went to see it with friends and he told me all about it.  Finally seeing it on DVD, I was hooked.  If you haven't seen it, it's a must see.  The sequel 28 Weeks Later isn't as good but I still liked it.  Whenever these movies are on one of the million movie channels that we subscribed to through Fios, I have to watch it.  I can't count how many times I've seen it.

From that point on, I was hooked.  I was reading tons of zombie books.  Thanks to my brother, he fueled that fire in me by getting me a variety of zombie items for the holidays. (Courtesy of thinkgeek.com, for all your zombie necessities)















Is that zombie monkey cute or what??  The Zombie Survival Guide is a great, hilarious read.  Definitely makes me think of the movie Zombieland, where many great tips can be learned.

So with this obsession, it's quite obvious that one of my favorite shows on t.v. is The Walking Dead on amc.  Amazing show.  They do an incredible job with the visual effects and each episode keeps your on the edge of your seat.  Spoiler alert--A lot of people get killed on the show.  Unfortunately even ones that you get attached to over the last 2 seasons and into this 3rd season.  For those women out there who aren't convinced about this show, there is something sexy about men fighting zombies to survive.





And my favorite.... (spoiler alert for below...)


who unfortunately died at the end of Season 2.  Season 3 just isn't the same without Shane. (My husband would disagree with me.  I think he may have actually cheered when he died....as I wept.)

Healthy Tip for Today:

No comments:

Post a Comment