Thursday, November 15, 2012

C'MON MAN! Part Deux

My previous C'MON MAN posting was fun to do, so as I go through my days and something comes up where I'm saying, C'MON MAN, I am keeping track to fill up a new posting.  I have to say that living in Northern Virginia, I pretty much saying C'MON MAN all the time, especially while driving.

Part Deux of C'MON MAN, fiery wench style (meaning, not sport related like the "real" C'MON MAN)

This first one is actually about me.  Yes, I do say C'MON MAN to myself more than you would know!  For about the first week or so after getting my hair dyed it's fiery red, I have the issue of the color bleeding.  Usually this is just bad after washing my hair.  But since my head gets so sweaty while working out, it also will bleed because of the sweat.  So unfortunately for the gym, I use their white towels while working out to wipe my head, face and neck constantly.  At the end of the workout, the white towel now looks like I've used it to clean up a crime scene and is all streaked with red.  I'm not talking lightly; it's pretty major.  Every time, I say to myself... SELF!  You need to bring your own towel.  That is just disturbing and gross.  But here we are again, a week after getting my hair done and I left the gym with another crime scene towel this morning.  C'MON MAN!

As you all know, the time changed two weeks ago, so now we are plunged into darkness at 5pm now.  It's horrible and I hate this time of year.  What I hate more is the fact that people seem to "forget" that it's dark earlier when they are driving and are driving around without their headlights on.  C'MON MAN! Use your brain!  How can you see?  I was leaving boxing the other night at 5:15 and almost pulled into a black car without their headlights on.  Hello! I cant see you!  (Just so you know, the parking lot I am pulling out of backs to trees so there really isn't extra lights around in case you were saying C'MON MAN to me for not being able to see in a shopping area). Headlights are put on the car for a reason....use them.


Tuesday I pulled into the gym for my spin class and a lady was sitting in her car smoking.  Since there is a liquor store right by my gym (yes, exciting and convenient), I wasn't sure if she was waiting for them to open or something.  Nope...she just needed those couple extra drags off her cancer stick before coming in to the gym to pump some iron.  C'MON MAN!  Fine, that is the choice that you make and good for you to be coming to the gym.  But can you please curb the smoking until after your workout?  Smokers don't realize they stink.  STINK!  (I can say this as having smoked for quite a few years).  So when someone is working out near me stinking of cigarette smell, it's very nauseating!



Once upon a time, the retailers would start the holiday season after Thanksgiving.  Then over the last several years it edged to around Halloween.  But noooo.....2 months of holiday decorations and music just isn't enough anymore.  I was in Target two weeks before Halloween and they had out there decorations.  I got very confused all of the sudden.  Did I miss a month? I know time flies but is my memory going that I totally missed the end of October and most of November?  As I walked further two aisles, I saw all the Halloween decorations.  Nice that all these holidays can get along and live side by side in harmony.  But that didn't push me over the edge (it was close).  On Monday, I was out with a friend in a town center by us and we both stopped at the same time as we heard the wafting of Christmas music.  We looked at each other, as we needed to confirm that we were hearing the same thing.  Yes, indeed it was Christmas music.  I may also point out that it was a gorgeous day and was about 70 degrees out, which made the music even more intolerable.  Why why why do they have to start playing Christmas music so early?  Starting it at Thanksgiving always gave me a headache but now two weeks before? C'MON MAN!  Stop pushing it.  The holidays stress me out, plain and simple.  The pressures of present buying, spending all this money... trying to see all the family and make everyone happy.  It's too much.  But now the retailers have to remind me so much earlier?  I hate it.  Will we be seeing the retailers decorating at Labor Day next year?


Fitness/Healthy Tip for the day



No comments:

Post a Comment