Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween

Halloween candy always kills my diet.  Every year I try to buy candy that won't entice me.  But the candy company's are very crafty with their Halloween candy bags. Putting Whoppers (ick, I'll pass), Take 5 (my husband eats them all before I can even find one), Jolly Ranchers (love them but I can control myself) and Reese's Cups (some self control but barely) all together.  They strategically put one good candy in with others that I can resist. 

The first thought that went through my head this year was to buy something healthy.  Obesity is such a huge problem in the US and I want to stand behind what I believe in. (Don't worry, I won't get on my soap box about that). This is how I pictured myself handing out healthy snacks.

But I really don't feel like cleaning up the eggs and toilet paper from the house tomorrow, so I gave into the society's belief that we should get our kids high on fructose.  I waited until Friday to get the candy and would have bought it today to help with not eating it before the kids came but Hurricane Sandy put a wrench in that.  Thanks to Sandy also, I ate my fair share of Reese's Cups on Monday and Tuesday.  I was out of my workout schedule due to the gym being closed, which usually helps with the cravings.

Now, all I can hope for is that the kids actually go trick-or-treating tonight so I don't have the candy left in my house!

My dilemma for this evening is that I have boxing at 6:30.  Since I didn't get my workouts in on Monday and Tuesday, I am definitely not skipping.  My husband has guitar lessons, so the house will be unmanned.  I think I'll just leave a bowl of candy on the doorstep and hope for the best.  I figure that is better than not having anyone or any candy there at all.

Halloween Fitness Motivation: Why I am working out twice today


No comments:

Post a Comment