Thursday, October 25, 2012

C'MON MAN!

I love watching football and Monday night football is always great.  One of my favorites things is the NFL Monday Night Countdown on ESPN and their segment of C'Mon Man.  The cast play clips from the weekend of football of criticize the clip, which is a boneheaded or foolish play.  It's always good for a laugh.

Source: ESPN.com

I have come up with my own C'MON MAN, fiery wench style. 

There is a young guy in his early 20's that comes to the same Monday night boxing class I do.  The guy only does 20% of the class (and I think I am being quite generous with that estimate).  For all of you who are out there going awwww, at least he is there, I'll give you a C'MON MAN for even thinking that.  (As my Wednesday night boxing instructor says, This ain't social hour people. Keep working hard.) The instructor rotates around the room, so when he comes by the guy, the guy starts working out.  Otherwise, he just STANDS THERE. Seriously, move your feet and legs; Pretend like you are working out. No, he just stands there.  But once the instructor turns around, he puts on a show that he is working hard.  So I give him a big C'MON MAN!  I am almost 20 years older than you and I put your workout to major shame. 

A friend and I were going out to dinner and we got off on the wrong exit.  We pulled into a gas station to turn around to get back on the highway.  A guy on an ATV was pulling out of the gas station ahead of us and he got onto the road.   C'MON MAN!  You aren't on a dirt road out in the country; why are you driving your ATV on the road?  As we pulled up behind him, we realized the reason for the urgent run to the gas station.  A case of Nattie Light and Miller Light, ready for his Friday night at home. (I am not even going to comment on the butt crack situation--believe me, it was much worse in person.)


I was in Subway the other day and the guy behind the counter stopped making the sandwich for the guy in line when I walked in and immediately asked me if I colored my hair.  The guy in line started laughing because he couldn't believe what was happening.  I looked at him with a straight face and said, no, why would you say that?  But then I started laughing and said yes.  (I'm still not sure why I even entertained the question but I didn't have my sandwich yet, so...).  As the guy was ringing me up, he was gushing about how my hair color was beautiful and how it looked so good on me.  I was trying to high tail it out of there as he said, I hope to see you soon, like tomorrow.  C'MON MAN!  I'm old enough to be your mom and asking someone if they color their hair isn't a good pick up line (nor is it proper etiquette!).  And thanks to you, I will never go to that Subway again!

What is the deal with people on the highway who miss their exits and you see them on the side of the road backing up to pull off onto their exit???  For the love of God, go to the next exit and turn around.   If you are in a hurry, then you shouldn't have been paying attention idiot.  It blows me away how often I see this happening here in NOVA.   C'MON MAN!  For the safety of those around you (note I didn't say for yourself), please go to the next exit and turn around.  Or get off your damn phone and pay attention while you are driving!

Fitness/Health Inspiration for the Day

This is for my husband, who says C'MON MAN whenever I talk about my guns or flex for him.

Good Reason to Workout




No comments:

Post a Comment