Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Yes, I Am That Person

I can't believe I am going to admit this, but I have a disgusting habit.  Well, habit may be a strong word.  But on occasion, I will run errands after going to the gym.  Some may shrug and say ok, what's the big deal. (My husband would say it's totally gross).  The big deal is that I work out hard and I am disgusting after.  I mean totally covered in sweat and I am sure I stink.

The reason why I do this sometimes is because I'm trying to be efficient.  If I am already out and I am driving by the grocery store on my way back from the gym, why shouldn't I just pop in and do my shopping?  Or why can't I run into Target and pick up a couple of things.  I will make a disclaimer that I never try on clothes after the gym--that would be really bad!

Yesterday I had a great workout in the morning.  I had a dentist appointment at 1  and boxing at 4.   I knew that storms would be rolling through late morning and throughout the afternoon so it made sense just to pop into the grocery store on my way back from the gym.

There was another girl in Safeway with her workout gear on and we seemed to be going up and down the same aisles.  But she kept staring at me.  I didn't recognize her so I couldn't figure out why she kept looking.  She was wearing workout gear too, so surely it couldn't be me outfit (Capri workout pants and a grey Grateful Dead shirt).  As I was getting to the end of my list, I could feel some drips down my neck.  It turns out that I was still sweating and it was dripping off the tip of my pony tail.  As the honey badger would say, ewwww nasty!

But could that be why this girl is looking at me?  I decide self checkout would be the best thing to do at this point to get out of there and not offend anyone else with my sweat and stench.  As I was walking to my car in the parking lot, the girl is loading her car and just stares at me.  At this point I felt like flipping her the bird because it was just annoying but I went about my way.

I got home, unpacked and went upstairs to get in the shower.  This is when I saw myself for the first time.  I had huge armpit stains that were very visible since I was in a grey t-shirt plus sweat stains in various places on the front and back of the t-shirt.  I looked like a hot mess.  No wonder this girl was looking at me.  I was so embarrassed that I had done my shopping and had a full conversation with the fish counter guy about scallops looking like that.

So I have learned my lesson.  If I plan on doing errands after the gym,  I'll just have to take a shower at the gym first.  Ok, who am I kidding....for now on I will bring a sweatshirt to throw on to cover up my sweaty tank or t-shirt!!

No comments:

Post a Comment