Monday, September 17, 2012

Singing Out Loud (and not very well)

I need to make apologies to the cars that were around me earlier as I drove home from the gym with my convertible top down.  I forget sometimes that when the top is down, that people around me can hear my music and can hear me singing.  I saw you looking but I was lost in the moment and couldn't stop singing.

I know that my rendition of Lita Ford's "Kiss Me Deadly" wasn't very good but anyone who saw me would have to admit I put alot of passion into singing it.  It's one of those 80's songs that I just have to keep on my iPod and for some reason every time it comes on, I have to sing it loud.

Music is very important in my life but unfortunately I didn't get the voice to sing.  I have been banned from singing in the house by my husband because the dogs in the neighborhood get crazy when they hear me singing off key and out of tune.  (And half the time I don't know the words so I just make up random ones and pretend its correct).  But I just can't help myself!

There are times at the gym when a great song comes on and I just want to sing.  I think I may even sing out loud because I see people staring over at me.  Is it wrong that I just pretend it didn't happen and keep going?  I have my headphones on so I'm not really sure if I am singing loud enough for someone to hear me.  Well, no one has kicked me out of the gym yet, so I'll just keep it up.

Until it gets too cold for me to have my convertible top down, watch out for the car karaoke going on if you see me on the road.  You never know what I may be singing....

Kiss me once....Kiss me twice...come on pretty baby kiss me deadly....
---Lita Ford, Kiss Me Deadly

No comments:

Post a Comment