Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Don't Take His Spin Bike, or Else!

Everyone has their quirks.  I am the first to admit I am pretty darn quirky.  But I couldn't believe over the past couple of Saturday's how a grown ass man was acting about getting "HIS" spin bike in class.

I'll first start by stating again, this is a grown man acting like this, but I have declared him 1st Bike Boy (henceforth known as 1BB).  1BB loves spin class as I do, so I see him a couple times a week at the gym.  I did notice that he sat on the first bike up front in the spin room.  Like I said, we all have our quirks; I sit in the same general location every spin class but I don't have a bike that is "mine". 

Well, 1BB thinks that the first bike is his and only his.  If someone shall dare to come near it or try to take it, watch out.



Source: afcfitness.com
 

A couple of Saturdays ago, I was standing outside the spin room with 2 other regulars waiting for the instructor.  1BB had his stuff piled by the door to ensure that he was the first one in (?? I am assuming) but was nowhere to be found.  The one lady (we'll call her Fan Girl, but that is another story for another day) told me how she took the first bike once and 1BB told her to get off the bike and it was his bike.  I started laughing thinking she was joking because it's quite obvious to everyone in class this guy is different.  She was totally serious.  She said he went into a long explanation on how he uses that same bike several days a week and he considers it his.  Okay...(And I thought I was strange)

The next Saturday, I was there with another lady and 1BB came running over to see if the instructor was there yet.  He decided to explain to me and the other lady how he has to have that bike.  I was feeling feisty (what me?) so I said, oh sorry but I was going to grab that bike.  I thought 1BB was going to either choke me or faint.  The look of horror on his face was pretty funny.  He said but my stuff was sitting here and I always take that bike.

I quickly told him to chill out and that I was kidding.  The instructor showed up and he was trying to push past her to get in--I told her that he was worried I was going to take his bike.  She rolled her eyes and said, not again.  I guess everyone knows to not take that bike!

I can kind of understand him.  I can get territorial about the gym equipment I use in classes.  You get in a pattern of using the same equipment and it can throw your workout off it you have to change.

I felt 1BB's pain on Monday night when I arrived at boxing and some guy was on the bag I always use.  I walked around a bit confused before I chose a new bag and I felt a little out of sorts during the class.  But I NEVER thought of asking him to move!

On that note, I better finish up and make sure I am ready for boxing tonight so I can get my bag :)


Car Karaoke Song for Today (You are welcome, Fairfax, hope you enjoyed it as much as I did)

"The dog days are over
 The dog days are done
 The horses are coming
 So you better run"

--Dog Days Are Over, Florence + The Machine

No comments:

Post a Comment