Tuesday, January 29, 2013

As Seen on Pinterest..Yonanas!

Pinterest was a great discovery of my friend and she then got me obsessed.  I have found so many wonderful recipes on there, not to mention products.  One of those products is Yonanas.  I had pinned it as something I wanted and my wonderful husband sneaked a look on my Pinterest page before the holidays and bought it for me.

The concept of the machine sounded great but I was skeptical.  Yonanas states "Yonanas tastes just like velvety ice cream! Make delicious, low cost, healthy frozen treats in minutes."  I'm thinking to myself, so I throw some frozen fruit in the machine and I basically get soft serve ice cream? Mmm.  This sounds good.

The first step in the process is to freeze your fruit.    I already had some frozen strawberries and blueberries that I use for my green smoothies.  But my husband was excited about making some banana frozen treats.  The key to using bananas is that you need to have over-ripe, spotted bananas for the best flavor--they are sweeter.  So once they are at that point, peel them, throw them in a bag and freeze them.  They need to freeze for 24 hours before using.

Then the fun begins.  First things first, you have to put a bowl under the machine to catch the yumminess.



Start adding your fruit of choice.  If you want to mix different fruits, then alternate the fruit that you put in.  This time I only did bananas.  You have to apply "gentle" pressure with the plunger they give you.


And the magic happens...it starts to slowly come out in all it's frozen gloriness!

After a couple of minutes time, you have a bowl of a yummy frozen treat.

My husband, who is used to eating Ben & Jerry's, didn't like it as much.  I tried to explain that it doesn't have piles of sugar in it like Ben & Jerry's!

But I love it.  It satisfies my sweet tooth in the evening.  I have done strawberry and banana mixed, which is wonderful.  My favorite is banana and almond butter.  I am a peanut/almond butter addict.  So I made some banana treat, then mixed some almond butter in it after.  So delicious! 

The machine comes with a recipe book, so you can try different frozen treats.  The one I plan on making this week is mint chocolate chip.  You use 2 bananas and 1 oz of frozen mint chocolate chips, which you put through the machine too. 

Check out their website www.yonanas.com 

For all those looking to be healthier, you need this machine in your kitchen!!!  It's easy to use, very easy to clean (SCORE!) and it will satisfy your need to ice cream in the evenings.




No comments:

Post a Comment